Student Strength: 450 (only boys)
Hostel Facilities: Partly Residential
Telephone: (0422) 269 6186
Industrial Training Institute was started in the year 1951 and has completed more than 65 years useful service to the student community, especially the poor, from all over the Tamil Nadu by raising their living standards by imparting to them several income generating skills. The annual intake of students to our Institute is 250.
Apart from vocational skills, they inculcate right attitude towards work, principles of healthy and purposeful life. They are also taught English Communication Skills so that they can be placed in multinational companies. Special emphasis is given to extra curricular activities such as sports, debate-cum-student-seminars, cultural programs and community works to develop the personality of our students. Throughout the year special lectures are arranged on various topics such as Entrepreneur Development, Industrial Safety, First Aid, etc., by inviting gifted speakers and successful alumni of our ITI.
The aim of our institute is to provide a conducive environment for the development of inherent potential in our students so as to produce enlightened citizens of our country. This has helped our students in creating niche for themselves in companies of repute and also to become useful citizens of the country
COURSES OFFERED UNDER NCVT:
- Draughtsman Mechanical – 2 Years
- Draughtsman Civil – 2 Years
- Turner – 2 Years
- Machinist – 2 Years
- Electronics Mechanic – 2 Years
- Electrician – 2 Years
- Fitter – 2 Years
- Mechanic (Motor Vehicle) – 2 Years
- Wireman – 2 Years
- Welder (Gas & Electric) – 1 Year
- The institute is recognized by the national council for Vocational Training.
- ISO 9001-2008 certified.
- Spoken English and Hindi training.
- Industry sponsored skill-development programmes in the evening for underemployed or unemployed youth from various parts of Tamil Nadu.
- Skill-development training, day and evening sessions for artisans sponsored by the Builders Association of India.
- Skill-development programmes sponsored by the Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation and the Vazhndhu Kaattuvom Project for school dropouts, school leavers and the unemployed.
- EICHER CENTER for Automobile Technology
- CNC Training Centre
- RTO Approved Driving School