Student Strength: 260 (Only boys)
Courses Offered: Stds. VI to X (Tamil Medium)
Hostel Facilities: Fully Residential
Fees: Rs 12,000 per anum
Telephone: (0422) 269 4695
The school has the distinction of almost uninterruptedly producing 100% results in the X Standard examinations over the last two decades. It has achieved the honour of being a recipient of an appreciation certificate from the Education Minister, Government of Tamil Nadu, for having secured cent percent pass in the public examination held in March 2007. In the public exam conducted in 2009, 10 students secured more than 450 out of 500 and 25 students secured more than 400 out of 500.
Eight students passed the National Talent Examination conducted by NCERT and thereby became eligible to receive Rs 500/- per month as scholarship until they complete Std. XII.
- The concept of integrated education for the blind has been successfully implemented in the school for the last 20 years. Under this scheme, about 5 blind boys are selected to study in the school along with the normal boys. Additional facilities such as braille books, audio-taped versions of the subjects in the syllabus, and a resource teacher to guide them outside the school hours are provided. All the blind students who have so far appeared for the State SSLC examination have passed with flying colours.
- Special training in music, dance and yoga is given to the students.
- The Vidyalaya gives concession in fees to select deserving students based on their merit and economic status.
- Cultural programmes (dance, drama etc) presented by the students have been appreciated by several special invitees; and draw sizable crowds when staged during the Gurupuja and other important days.
- Interested students of Stds. IX and X are taken through a graded course in computer science.
- The school’s band-troupe has won several firsts in competitions.